With colorful, nutrient-dense juices and spritzers that use the benefits of CBD to help you protect against the effects of chronic stress, boost mood, and create anti-inflammatory beverages! Here you’ll find delicious spritzers like the Blackberry Honey Bramble and the Cantaloupe Grapefruit Spritzer, and juices that are fun takes on old classics, like the Basil Seed Cooler and the Black Licorice Charcoal Lemonade (which looks ultracool and tastes even better than regular lemonade). And with earthier juice blends, full-spectrum CBD oil works perfectly to pair the flavor of hemp and the texture of the oil with vegetables like in the Mexican Green Juice.
Nutrient dense juices and spritzer recipes
You’ll also learn which produce items help hide hard-to-love flavors as well as prep tips to make your favorite juices taste better. And while a juicer produces a smoother final drink, not everyone has or needs a juicer! You can make all of these recipes using a high-powered blender and a reusable nut milk bag to strain out the solids—just search for one online!
Secret Cabbage Juice
The red cabbage used in this CBD recipe is packed with anthocyanins, which have cardiovascular benefits. Unfortunately, the sometimes intense smell and taste of cabbage, and its cruciferous cousins like Brussels sprouts and broccoli, can be off-putting, but this recipe takes these intense ingredients and keeps them under wraps! By pairing cabbage with flavor-packed beet and sweet pear, you can’t smell or taste the cabbage in this lineup.
¼ small red cabbage, cored
2 small Anjou pears
2 small beets, tops removed
½” piece fresh ginger
15 milligrams CBD full-spectrum oil
1. Juice cabbage, pears, beets, and ginger.
2. Stir in CBD oil. Serve immediately or store up to one day in refrigerator. Shake before serving.
Heat Relief Cbd Roll on 750mg
You’re going to want to serve this tart, unexpected limeade at taco night. Jicama, aka the “Mexican potato,” is a crisp white root vegetable you’ve probably seen only in slaws. Slightly sweet but earthy, it’s often described as having a taste somewhere between apple and carrot and it’s perfect with the limes used here! The result is a cooling CBD lime drink with a milky white look. Just make sure to serve and consume immediately as it will turn bitter if stored (seriously, don’t wait).
6 small peeled limes
3 cups cubed jicama
½ ounce CBD Double Strength Simple Syrup (see sidebar in CBD Simple Syrup recipe in Chapter 2)
¼ cup packed fresh mint leaves
Cubed or crushed ice, for serving
1. Juice limes and jicama.
2. Stir in CBD Double Strength Simple Syrup.
3. Divide mint leaves into two glasses and muddle.
4. Add ice to glasses and pour in equal amounts of limeade. Serve immediately.
Instead of pouring the bubbles over your juice, this CBD drink has you pour the juice into the bubbles for a less frothy foam! Serve it at a spring brunch!
5 medium carrots
1 small navel orange
1″ piece fresh ginger
30 milligrams CBD isolate oil
1 cup club soda
2 small sprigs fresh dill for garnish
1. Juice carrots, orange, and ginger. Then stir in CBD.
2. Pour club soda equally into two glasses.
3. Pour juice through a small fine mesh sieve equally into the two glasses of club soda.
4. Stir lightly and garnish each glass with one dill sprig. Serve immediately.
Strawberry Rhubarb Picnic Spritzer
Strawberry and rhubarb are the peanut butter and jelly of the spring dessert world. Rhubarb, which is notoriously sour by itself, loves the complementary sweetness and color of strawberries. This spritzer serves four, so you can serve up a pitcher at your next picnic.
5 large rhubarb stalks (3 cups of 1″ pieces)
2 cups strawberry halves plus 8 strawberry halves for garnish
1 cup water
2 ounces CBD Simple Syrup (see recipe in Chapter 2)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Ice, for serving
2 cups club soda
4 pieces thinly sliced rhubarb for garnish
1. Add rhubarb, 2 cups strawberries, and water to a medium saucepan. Cover and heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
2. Remove lid and decrease heat to medium. Simmer for 25 minutes, mashing occasionally with a spoon.
3. Strain mixture into a large pitcher through a fine mesh sieve, pushing through with a silicone spatula. Discard solids.
4. Add CBD Simple Syrup and lemon to juice. Stir to combine. Then cool in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, add two strawberry halves to four cocktail picks.
6. Remove pitcher from refrigerator. Stir and pour equally into four glasses filled with ice. Top each glass with ½ cup club soda and stir gently. Garnish each glass with one cocktail pick and one rhubarb slice.
Spirulina Green Juice Lemonade
One part green juice, one part lemonade, this isn’t the typical drink you’ll find at your local lemonade stand! With no added sugar, the sweetness comes from both the crisp green apple and from using Meyer lemons, which are less acidic and naturally sweeter than their standard counterparts. The vibrant emerald green color of this CBD drink looks great poured over a huge glass of crushed ice or in a big pitcher.
1 large Granny Smith apple
2 small English cucumbers
½” piece fresh ginger
4 cups packed kale leaves, stems removed
2 small peeled Meyer lemons
1 teaspoon spirulina powder
30 milligrams CBD full-spectrum oil
1. Juice apple, cucumber, ginger, kale, and lemons.
2. Add spirulina to a small bowl and slowly whisk in ⅛ cup of juice.
3. Combine spirulina-blended juice to remaining juice.
4. Add CBD and stir to combine.
5. Store in refrigerator up to twelve hours, or serve immediately over ice.